The mission of the Stony Plain Sharks Swim Club is to develop athletes who are a credit to society.
The Shark’s Club experience tends to shape and strengthen character throughout one’s lifetime. The Club measure success not only by doing well in swim meets, but also by personal improvement.
We, The Stony Plain Sharks Swim Club are committed to excellence and dedicated to developing world-class citizens and world-class athletes. The Shark’s Club experience tends to shape and strengthen character throughout one’s lifetime. The Club measure success not only by doing well in swim meets, but also by personal improvement.
To achieve the principles set out in the mission statement, the following club goals have been established;
- Advance the sport of swimming.
- To develop a program recognized for excellence in Canadian Swimming;
- Provide swimmers with the highest quality coaching;
- To provide a swim environment that enables athletes to develop their swimming skills;
- To assist our swimmers to define, to train for and to achieve their personal swim goals;
- To instill in all swimmers, a team approach to swimming that encourages recognition and celebration of their teammates achievements.
- To teach all swimmers essential life skills such as organization, planning, dedication and self motivation;
- Create and maintain an enjoyable and productive swimming environment.
- Recognize each individual and value his or her role in the success of our organization.
- Shape and strengthen character
- Encourage positive mental attitudes and mutual respect.
- Teach and develop life skills through our swimming program.
- Provide swimmers the opportunities to grow and succeed to their highest level
- Provide mentorship
- Emphasizing individual progress, team unity and family participation.
- Develop both an athlete’s character and integrity.